Ryobi Model Number
Ryobi can be a tricky one. The majority of Ryobi tools just have model numbers that change with each service update.
That means most Ryobi tools don't have type numbers, so type numbers are not needed for ordering.
Here's an example below of a typical Ryobi product that does not have a type number:
- Most Ryobi tools and machines will not have type numbers, and only have model numbers.
- When this is the case, the model number is usually displayed near the Ryobi logo
There is an exception, which can make finding some Ryobi model numbers and type numbers difficult.
- Some Ryobi tools and machines have an additional number, like a type number.
- This number is displayed somewhere on the Ryobi tool, often in a very difficult place to find, like inside the tool housing.
- The number is found on a bar code and is usually referred to as the “barcode number."
- Ryobi's gas-powered tools and lawn-and-garden tools usually have bar code numbers.
An easy way to find out if your Ryobi product has a bar code number is by searching its model number on our site.
For Example:Ryobi 105R Electric Trimmer. To find out if it has a barcode, search Tool Parts Direct by entering the model number "105R" into the "Model Number" search field. You will be taken to a webpage with two “types” for this trimmer model. Those numbers in the parentheses, (512000001-707000000) and (707000001). These are Ryobi bar code numbers (type numbers).
View All Brands: Find My Model Number